Sunday, August 29, 2010

Justice For PFC Pirro


I have created a blog in an effort to seek justice in the murder of my nephew and Godson, PFC Jason L. Pirro.

I never knew how much physical, mental and verbal abuse people endured at the hands of our military. I come from a family that has proudly served our country ever since our ancestors came to the United States in the early 1600's.

Throughout every war in our American history we had ancestors who served in each and every one of them. Five of my six brothers were in the military, my brothers-in-law were in the military and some of them served in Vietnam. I have always been proud to be an American, and I love my Freedom of Speech and the right to vote. But the way the military abuses its own has truly disgusted me. We are not allowed to abuse our children and if we do-we get arrested. We cannot go outside and walk up to someone that we dislike and hit them, because if we do, we'll get arrested for assault.

Yet the people who are training our children in the military, can verbally, mentally and physically do whatever they want to the enlisted and no one is ever held accountable and they act as if they don't have to answer to anyone. It's like they are a government all by themself.

That needs to change. There are 2 young girls, my great-nieces who will grow up without seeing their Daddy and that isn't right. Jason was a loving son, father, husband, nephew, cousin and friend. He had the biggest and warmest heart and you could feel the warmth in his hugs. I have to remember that, because we will never feel those hugs again. His death never should've happened.

To the military, Jason was a rank, a serial number and a piece of property, but to us he was everything. He was the sweetest person you'd ever meet. When they took his life, they changed our lives FOREVER! And now we will begin the journey to seek justice and to right the wrongs of the military.

No comments: